My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected in 5 seconds, or just click http://alexandrastylist.com/blog/ .
Please update your bookmarks.

One look does not fit all




The wonderful thing about clothing and accessories is that they are voluntary contributions. Unlike hair coloring, style isn't permanent and always evolving. A few years ago I was Loft living Williamsburg (Brooklyn not Virginia) and trying to fit in style wise. Everyone was way too cool for school that hanging with my cool sexually ambiguous friends I found myself becoming a chameleon. I went to a prom party circa 1980. I think Marc Jacobs may have found inspiration from us hipsters in WillieB. W Magazine did a whole article around the Berlinsburg moment-thanks to a local dive club. I dyed my own chuckies, I cut holes in my shirts, I cut fingers off my gloves, I went for eccentric. Did it work? Was it fun? Yes and yes. Was it me? No but when I moved into the city I reinvented myself again.
I encourage you to explore experiment and find yourself. Or just play dress up. It always worked for me!
The current State in Williamsburg
Are Hipsters Dead?
The Williamsburg Nerd
Have a story to tell about one of your looks...please comment below!

No comments: